Pedant. The word has a negative connotation on the outside. And by outside, I mean among people who have never bothered to master communication or critical thinking. The word seems to have gained a connotation of snobbery. Let’s begin with that, shall we?
Pull back the curtain and …. Darcy’s BLOG
Here at Planned Pedanthood I believe it is important to dispel some of that negativity with an illumination of the benefits of pedantry, the exquisite beauty of sententious communications and the laconic aphorism.
Planned Pedanthood stands for the fundamental right of each individual throughout the world to master his or her communication, regardless of the individual’s income, family background, access to formal education, proximity to public libraries or personal flair for the dramatic. We believe that respect and value for message delivery in all aspects of life are essential to society’s well-being.
Based on this belief, and reflecting on the community I live in, my mission for Planned Pedanthood is:
- To provide complementary eloquent, flippant and sagacious commentary in this blog setting, to preserve and protect my personal and public sanity in an insane world
- To advocate for public advancement in the areas of communication
- To guarantee the basic human right to not be forced to endure fatuousness
- To provide an outlet for my individual pedantic tendencies lest my education be earned in vain
- To promote language and the advancement of elucidatory discourse with an emphasis on the use of social media, and to encourage understanding of the ethical, behavioral and social implications of bad communication
I look forward to future opportunities to blog my frustrations and concerns, and to bring to light shining examples of true eloquence where I find them.